27 June 2006

I don't know what
want to drink
eat dinner. Please
tell me what to do
--be a better
lazy feminist.
The kitchen is
all wrong. Can hear
your watch ticking two
blocks away, smell
the gas from the stove.

~

Obviously you prefer
your friends to be
self absorbed.

~

Do you remember
when that car hit
you in Beijing?
A huge gash on
your achillies?
It's very sexy.

~

Did you write that at the pizza place?

~

Other poets have written
about this. I'm reading
them. Obviously.

~

He said, "I like the word continuum."

~

Not on a subtle
plane today, not
with extraordinary
powers, not fully
mature or invoked.

Various creepers.
Imobile things.

Besmeared with

~

Chick Corea. Chick's Natural Roasted Chicken. It was funny.

~

Fragile. How
Sadness is only lonliness with
or without others.

Grey-blue. Trite, I know.

That kid again, in his
plastic toy car.

On the train from Shanghai
to Huang Shan that man
sat up all night, smoking.

We took his bunk,
slept heads to feet,
flipped like fish,
tried to speak French
in the morning but
couldn't, so we went
back to Chinese.

I'm cold and nauseous.
Mark reminds me he
was ill our first night here.

~

Stinky the Cat leads
a somewhat lonely, vocal
life outdoors. Unlike Cage,
he's not happy about
his feelings. Contract,
release, etc, then
complain about being
pushed around. Wetland
from dam break, agricultural
run-off. Something to be saved,
to walk while keeping arms
perfectly straight.

Anthropomorhic strippers
on a dance floor dance across
the stage, shedding metalic parts.
Maybe they lurch. Spontineity
as animal is a masculine thing
to say, I think, but mostly
I'm angry at my failed attempts
to be a suburban female flaneur.

~

The birds fly under the awning,
over our heads. We like it.

~

He said: "Where I come from, people aren't so concerned about age difference," and then he began to talk about the path to healing. "I'm a healer," he said. "I heal people with my hands." We were in a parking lot near a bank and a takeout Chinese resturant.

~

No, I haven't read Raymond Roussel's Impressions of Africa.

~

Neither is.

~

A lesson in impersonality. My lesson in impersonality. I hate adagios. Also, a permanent desk slouch.

~

A tutu is never a trend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

fyi:

http://didimenendez.blogspot.com/2006/07/audio-for-wwwmiporadionet-archives.html

mike c said...

I've read this before. I don't know where, or when.