09 October 2006

having had it several times the sunheat on my
right shoulder and forearm being designed
desensitized grilled there’s a courtyard and parrots in the design district
wrought iron natural oddities of nature marketing find something
to tie the bike to to sit and eat in frontlong garden shade
and doorknobs to go

~

lizards not bats no adults
private school students and
people going north

~

swooning—no going to the UN but
never believed anything could be saved
love is still a good idea “God willing
you will find a wife” g-d willing in English
smile officers do and strip club bouncers do
nearly no one going is

~

polluted lagoons are pretty egrets don’t avoid them

~

stuckout limb complicated telephone poll series cut it off
what can I do / why go home in my body are biles—yours, too
track by the track and difficult fences self in everyone

~

“the new wheels are about an 18th of an inch
too long
and the little
snappy rings don’t work “I don’t really need the top hats

~

something is slow no possibility to assess what the data something about
inbetween and among that doesn’t account
there’s backbend eat review fix file and fillout especially
one says to one we are negative too often and houseboats farms lofts groves

~

I lack content.

What about point of view in Moby Dick.

I cannot print labels correctly.

People come through the weapons testing zone.

My body adjusts it does and must and it is not a blessing. Everything that happens is not a blessing.

I wanted to learn about food and rituals associated with eating. They knew about these things so I spoke with them.

~

Weird and normal are tiring. Someone is cooking rice. The desk chair at the yoga center is rigid and uncomfortable. “It takes spiritual discipline to get up at 3 in the morning,” he says, “I know.” Lean in. I want to be obvious: Warhol. Desensitization. The fact that I will never go to Oman again and I’ve never been. I miss the fear of being attacked by people I love. Searching for shared context but we blow it. A runner passes me running. Says, “are we there yet?”

~

You will die but not before we see you naked.

~

town squares recent hauntings the imperial valley is looking forward to a temperature of a hundred and one one day the damn blew up again we blew it up and we want you and them to come to us

~

it’s the getting out of the house that helped
not the Wal-Mart I mean it wasn’t that specific
it was the getting away from abuse that helped
not the things I say I like my neighbors but have nothing
to say to them

~

flip flops in the jungle comfortable anywhere but no good for leeches it rained and the river was brown and there was mud in the river and on the road the road was mud and the river went over the road we walked or drove a white pickup truck it was fun the main character had so much fun and was so happy she looked for rocks with her father it was a family moment and she rubbed mud all over her body and stood in the sun until it was gray at that time the sun came out

~

don’t want to visit because

~

militated improvident trips to the grocery store tetchy car trips a charry attempt to invite a new friend to dinner alone in the mountains under roofs sough with rain and so on rain as if it were linked together in a series an order of things it’s a good idea to have your characters talk to other people

~

can’t imagine anything except jumping into a pool of edible packing peanuts or
rectangular styrofoam chunks in shakes of grey and blue

~

When I can’t write I think of chickens. I think, “I can’t imagine not sharing my life with this machine.” I can’t write about autumn. My cuticles are dry. They are not sexy. Are they sexy?

~

In Haifa I ate many dates and persimmons and various sorts of cheese. Yesterday I bought some dates and will eat one each day until there are no more of them. I think a lot about eating dates in Oman. It’s Ramadan and my friends are breaking fast with dates. I wore a shirt today that is cut too low for teaching. I remember the names of the tragic students first. We visited the museum and saw all the taxedermied animals.

~

organized wife dinner party carpet cleaner car seat hardwood car shower brunch with friends phone calls money Persian carpet dusting

~

try to get us off the street during the end of the world
off it people are exchanging bodies on purpose
there are people saving other people and exchanging bodies
there’s a brief attempt at reggae music people must find
a way to do things or all will be lost things actions
movement glue all of it in the meantime create
sustainable industries and products other than soap and coffee
the heart decipher futuristic pictographs that are more complex
than pictographs the fast food is appealing as long as it is abstract
“This is concrete,” I say, holding up a magenta dry-erase marker.
“If I threw it at you, you could catch it.”

~

The heat is off in a gorgeous loft in Istanbul and we are there together.

~

Then, we walked through the wedding party in our bathing suits.

~

after practicing asceticism we practiced asceticism made verse looked at the moon and the stars and the dirt we did not ignore water but we looked at other things first

~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! :-D

-- Ray